Saturday, August 9, 2008

Copywriting - A New Priority

There is no doubt that copywriting is important. I wish it wasn't so. Wouldn't it be nice to just plop down some words and say,"done." I admit that copywriting has not been a major focus for me as of yet. Much of my time has been spent learning how to create and maintain a website, establishing basic business techniques and beginning to dive in to internet marketing.

Yesterday I spent most of my day reworking pages on my website and email system to reflect the fact that I am getting rid of my free trial. It was a great opportunity to brush up my copywriting skills. I think that I made some headway, but copywriting is something that one has to keep improving on.

First I have begun to test everything I write by the question "so what?" If I can't come up with a good answer for that question and fast then I am going to rewrite until I do. Secondly I am focusing my copy to pressure someone with fear, greed, guilt, exclusivity, anger, salvation or flattery. These are the pressure points that provoke action.






Sign up to get free sites to advertise your business and a copy of Free Traffic for Broke Marketers from Proverbs 31 List! Click here

No comments: